How to Apply
The admissions application is accessible through the Office of Graduate Admissions. A complete application consists of the following documentation:
- Stanford online application including statement of purpose.
- At least three letters of recommendation
- Two official transcripts from each institution you attended for at least one year
- General GRE and TOEFL scores reported directly to Stanford (code 4704) - Learn more about these test requirements
- Recent scholarly or critical paper (20-35 pages, double-spaced). Applicants may submit two or three shorter samples if they do not have a long one. Writing samples must be written in English.
- CV/resume (optional but recommended)
- Application fee of $125
Please refer to the FAQ's for Prospective Students and the Office of Graduate Admissions Frequently Asked Questions for additional information on the application process and requirements.
December 4, 2018.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars deadlines: Apply to Knight-Hennessy Scholars by September 12th, 2018, and to the Political Science graduate program by November 14th, 2018. Read more about the Knight-Hennessy Scholars eligibility requirements and the application process on the Knight-Hennessy Scholars website.